You’re invited to the virtual Iowa Campus Voting Summit, a nonpartisan student voter engagement summit to help campuses prepare for student voting this fall and beyond. This event aims to solidify campus efforts to get their faculty, staff, administration, and students out to vote for the 2020 General Election and the future elections.
The Iowa Campus Voting Summit will be hosted online on September 25th, 2020 from 12pm-4pm CT.
The University of Iowa, the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Iowa Campus Compact, and the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition are hosting this statewide Iowa Campus Voting Summit.
As a part of this event, attendees will learn how:
- to become civically engaged on their campus
- to navigate existing voting laws
- to organize voter engagement events with physical distancing precautions
- to create a voter engagement campus action plan
The ALL IN Challenge will be distributing twelve (12) grants of $500 to campuses that complete the following tasks. Grants must be used to support voter engagement efforts on campus this fall.
- Have at least three people attend the summit
- Have signed up for the Iowa Campus Voting Challenge through Iowa Campus Compact and the ALL IN Challenge
Preference will be given to campuses that have also done the following:
- Signed up for National Voter Registration Day on 9/22 (free to participate in)
- Sign up for Vote Early Day the week of 10/17 (free to participate in)
- Have submitted a democratic engagement action plan to the ALL IN Challenge or attend the Votes & Ballots action planning session during the summit