This 4 hour webinar gives participants the knowledge they will need in order to process grievances effectively. Participants in this webinar will learn:
• The five-step process of handling a grievance
• How to identify whether an issue is a grievance
• How to properly interview an employees
• The importance of gathering written verification and proof
• About the different sources of evidence
• The skills needed in writing a formal grievance
The prerequisite for this webinar is the basic Stewards Orientation webinar which goes into the role of the Steward, Structure of AFGE, and one of the most important law that outlines the rights of union representatives- 5 USC Chapter 71. Participants can also take the self-paced courses found on AFGE Learn. You should already be a Steward at your Local.
IMPORTANT: This is a first come, first served based schedule, but more dates will be available soon. Check back periodically for more dates.