Remember back to Feb 2020 and the release of many bulletins to help health centers battle COVID-19? Within these bulletins were important themes regarding minimizing fines and penalties, increasing the amount of information shared between entities and the role of good faith effort. On December 10, 2020, HHS announced proposed revisions to the HIPAA Privacy Rule that would significantly impact health centers.
During this webinar we will discuss the pandemic’s role in this proposed rule change to include:
1) strengthening patient’s rights to access their own health information.
2) improving information sharing for care coordination and case management.
3) facilitating greater family and caregiver involvement in the care of patients experiencing emergencies or health crises.
4) enhancing flexibilities for disclosures in emergency or threatening circumstances, such as the Opioid and COVID-19 public health emergencies.
5) reducing administrative burdens on health centers while continuing to protect patient’s health information privacy interests.