This workshop provides an updated understanding of trauma informed practice, a theoretical framework informed by neuroscience with practical easy to understand tools, practices, and strategies to deepen your understanding of a growing body of trauma informed knowledge. Participants will come away with enhanced awareness of the value of self-regulation, co-regulation, and tools for connection as ways to support clients in their volunteer capacity.
• Participants will learn an updated view of trauma via Neurobiology & The Signs and Symptoms of Trauma
• Participants will gain a deepened understanding of Trauma and the Body: and the human “Threat-Response Cycle”
• Volunteers will learn specific tips and tools to help support clients in building a Safer Space for Trauma Healing
• Participants will be introduced to a Brief Overview of Therapeutic Models that are Congruent with a Trauma-informed Practice and Facilitating the Healing Process
• Volunteers will learn about aspects of self/ co regulation via the “Window of Tolerance”, and Titration
• Participants will learn tools and strategies for Helping Clients Build Resilience and the Role of Lifestyle in Healing including a focus on Compassion.