In this meeting, Manufacturing Community Chair, Drew Frick of Becton Dickinson and Todd Tucker of the TBM Council will talk about Business Unit Cost Modelling and Allocations.
In our discussion, we'll discuss BU allocation practices that were shared with the Standards Committee Open Forum in May and then discuss topics such as:
* Reasons for Allocating to BUs
* Showback (Billing) vs. Chargeback
* Percent of Spend Charged or Shown
* Types of Services or Solutions Allocated Back
* Use of Rates / Prices
* Burdening of Costs with Indirect Costs
* Managing Variances (Over- or Under-Recovery)
* Working with Corporate Finance
Please come prepared to both share what you're doing (we'll use polls to quantify practices) and discuss both challenges and best practices.