As part of National Minority Donor Awareness Month 2020, Donate Life NC and their multicultural outreach program, The Decision Project, will promote community awareness throughout the month of August. Join for a fun lunch break including Bingo, giveaways, and staff conversations!
- Our first 20 registrants will receive a special gift!
- There will be 5, 10 minute rounds. The winner of each round will receive a gift as well.
- We're also raffling off a $50 Publix gift card for anyone that joins the call.
Here's how Bingo will work:
1. Register using the Zoom link, save it to your calendar/email inbox.
2. Bingo cards will be emailed the morning of the event. You will receive 2 bingo cards per registration. These cards will need to printed out, so grab a few coins or beans to mark your numbers as they're being called out!
3. Sound will be muted for participants so everyone can hear the numbers being called.
4. Come ready to have fun!
Here's a bit more about our August campaign, Prevention Matters.
Organ failure can hit at any given moment, no matter who you are. You can be born needing a transplant to survive, you can have an undetected genetic issue that requires a transplant or even get accidental food poisoning that requires a kidney transplant to live. Many people may not know they have--or even have the ability to control--chronic diseases until they are in the first stages of organ failure, especially in multicultural communities.
The campaign will focus on collaboration with organizations that are working to spread the message of prevention and education around these chronic diseases (like diabetes) that can often lead to organ failure.
Join us throughout August as we work towards:
-Defining organ failure, dispelling myths, encouraging registration to the registry
-Promoting community partners, highlighting diagnosis that cause organ failure
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you want to get more involved!