Paving the Way to Sustainable Roads: driving a circular economy through government procurement.
An effective closed-loop model for local government-led procurements to increase recycled content and improve environmental, social and economic outcomes.
- Opened by Hon James Griffin MP, Parliamentary Secretary for the Environment
- New era for recycled crushed glass in roads
- Demand-driven end market development and infrastructural investment
- Strategic policy alignment with COAG export bans and NSW/Federal policy
- Innovative contract monitors environmental benefits
- Demonstrates cost-effective sustainable outcomes.