The global LGBT+ travel market is valued at more than US$200B annually. Canadian destinations are well positioned to grow their share of this market. But in order to be successful, destinations and operators must ensure that LGBT+ customers feel welcome, accepted and are served in a way that exceeds their expectations and accommodates their needs.
Through funding for this project, the Government of Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s tourism industry in becoming LGBT+ market-ready and in promoting Canada’s destinations and tourism products to the LGBT+ travel market internationally.
To support those efforts in developing market-ready products, CGLCC’s Navigating LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion in the Tourism Industry helps tourism-based businesses learn about LGBT+ inclusion and how to effectively understand, value, and serve LGBT+ customers and employees.
This training is presented in two parts:
1. Online course: An Introduction to LGBT+ Diversity & Inclusion (mandatory completion in advance of webinar)
2. Workshop webinar (live via Zoom): Navigating LGBT+ Diversity & Inclusion in the Tourism Industry
The participation process is as follows:
1. Register for the workshop.
2. Return to the workshop registration page HERE to create an account, enrol and complete the online course.
3. Upon completion of the workshop, you’ll be given a link and code. Log back into your account on the cglcc.ca website, complete the course evaluation and obtain your certificate.