In collaboration with Surrey County Council, Surrey Police will shine a light on the historical achievements of the LGBTQ+ community and acknowledge the sacrifices others have made to shape the society we live in.
British human rights campaigner, author and LGBTQ+ right activist Peter Tatchell will join us to reflect on the significance of this month and what challenges the LGBTQ+ community continue to face in the UK.
11:00 – 13:00 | Thurs 18th February | Hosted by Farhan Hayat & Temp DI James Ansell
• Opening address – PCC David Munro and Katie Stewart Surrey CC
• Julie Bentley – Chief Executive Samaritans UK
• Temp Commander Clinton Blackburn – Co Chair of National LGBTQ+ Police Network
• Di Stiff – Collections Development Archivist, Surrey History Centre
• Robin Snook – Founder of LGBTQ+ Network Surrey County Council
• Stephen Ireland – Founder of Pride in Surrey
• PC Louise Worsfold – Metropolitan Police and Trans Awareness speaker
• Keynote address: Peter Tatchell - British human rights campaigner & LGBTQ+ Rights activist