Join Sacramento Public Library and Friends of Sacramento Public Library for the Enlightened Aging Academy in partnership with Renaissance Society of Sacramento. During this 7-part series of virtual workshops on Zoom, we'll dive into topics such as:
• Health, wellness and safety
• Money, work and retirement
• Caregiving, death and leaving a legacy
Session #5: Dementia - Open Your Mind To it
October 8 | noon - 1:30 p.m.
• Becoming Dementia Aware - Laura Wayman, author and proclaimed Dementia Whisperer, explore the many facets of Dementia and how we can respond better as a family and a community
• Dementia Open Your Mind to It - The UC Davis Alzheimer’s Disease Center will educate us about the various types of Dementia, how to spot early symptoms and how to navigate care for those with advanced stages of the disease