Come join the dialogue and seek ways to meaningfully change city policies, service delivery, and policing!
When all people have access to useful information and join together to address common concerns—sharing knowledge, resources, power, and decision making as they work—they will develop solutions that serve the common good, and lead to healthier, more equitable communities.
Core principles that inform the approach:
- Involve everyone. Demonstrate that the whole community is welcome and needed.
- Embrace diversity. Reach out to all kinds of people.
- Share knowledge, resources, power, and decision making.
- Combine dialogue and deliberation. Create public talk that builds understanding and explores a range of
- Connect deliberative dialogue to social, political, and policy change to address structural racism and create
more equitable communities.
Dialogue Series Objectives:
- To convene community members, elected officials, and city staff to seek ways to meaningfully change city
policies, service delivery and policing
- To share personal stories and perspectives to gain understanding and cultivate community trust
- To deepen our understanding of the complex issues related to racial equity
1) Tuesday, July 28, 6 pm - 8 pm (English)
2) Saturday, August 8, 10 am -12 pm (Spanish)
3) Thursday, August 13, 3 pm-5 pm (Youth)
4) Monday, August 17, 6 pm -8 pm (English)
5) Thursday, August 27, 6 pm - 8 pm (Spanish)
6) Wednesday, September 2, 6 pm - 8 pm (English) **New Date Added**
*Please let us know about any special accommodations (interpretation, ASL, or other)
**Limit of 80 people per session due to the small group discussions and 1 session per person.