A Pesticide Action Network (PAN) India & PAN Asia Pacific webinar
July 16 | 11:30 am India Standard Time | 2:00 pm Malaysia/Philippines
In May, the Indian government announced that it is moving to ban 27 pesticides that are linked to health and environmental harm. However, the agrochemical industry quickly moved to oppose the ban. The Indian government is set to decide in the coming weeks.
In this webinar, various experts will discuss why the banning of these 27 pesticides is doable and necessary:
• Relevance of the Pesticides Ban - Dr. Narasimha Reddy, Public Policy Expert and Consultant, PAN India
• Hazards of 27 Pesticides - Dileep Kumar A. D., Assistant Director, PAN India
• Pesticides Use Practices in India- Dr. Indira Devi P., Rtd. - Research Director, Kerala Agriculture University
• Agroecological Alternatives- Mr. Anoop Kumar C. P., Organic Farming and Horticulture Consultant
• Advocacy for a Global Ban on Highly Hazardous Pesticides- Sarojeni Rengam, Executive Director, PAN Asia Pacific
The webinar will also include a film screening of an excerpt of Young & Poisoned, a PANAP documentary on the effects of pesticides on children
Join us and help #Ban27Pesticides for a #PesticidesFreeWorld!