This is an opportunity to bring together the world-leading companies in Leeds City Region, with key partners from Hong Kong to discuss opportunities for trade and collaboration.
The textile sector is an industry built on remarkable history and heritage but one which is also an industry for the 21st century, at the forefront of innovation, sustainability, and design for the future. Hong Kong and Leeds City Region are both leading centres in this sector, with expertise ranging from designers and technology partners collaborating to make fashion more sustainable, to textile and product manufacturers creating new and innovative fabrics and finished garments.
Date: Tuesday 9th March
• Andrew Wright, Chair, A W Hainsworth, & Chair, Leeds City Region BIG Panel
• Professor Stephen Russell, Director, Future Fashion Factory, and Professor of Textile
Materials & Technology at the University of Leeds
• Professor Parik Goswami, Co-Investigator, Future Fashion Factory, and Director,
Technical Textiles Research Centre, and Head of Department in Fashion and Textiles at the
University of Huddersfield
• Daisy Ip, Director, UK, Benelux and Ireland, HKTDC
• Andrew Davis, Head - Investment Promotion, investHK
• Christian Layolle, Head of UK, The Mills Fabrica