The course consists of:
• 2 Zoom guided discussions -- 1 hour 30 minutes each
• Homework assignment
• End-of-course exam
• The homework assignment must be completed and turned in to the instructor.
• The homework assignment must meet the standards outlined in the course learning objectives.
• The homework assignment must be evaluated and accepted by the instructor before students are eligible to take the end-of-course exam.
• Students must achieve a passing score of 80% or higher on the end-of-course exam.
• Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion.
• Students who successfully complete all 5 SMCT courses are eligible to take the final Certification Exam. The Certification Exam is a comprehensive exam that measures the students’ knowledge of the learning objectives from all five courses.
Who can attend?
• Employees who are interested in becoming a safety professional
• Department Heads
• Senior Management
• County CEOs and City Managers
• Risk Managers
• Safety Officers
Part 1 guided discussion learning objectives:
• Examine Risk Control Principles
• Explain pre-accident plans and accident scene security
• Explain how to report “Serious Injuries” to Cal/OSHA
• Describe the contents of an Accident Investigation Kit
• Explain techniques for preserving and collecting evidence
Part 2 guided discussion learning objectives:
• Explain the use of sketches and diagrams
• Explain how to review and preserve key documents
• Explain human factors
• Explain management responsibility
• Explain subrogation potential
• Explain how to analyze and change unsafe behavior
• Explain how to write the accident investigation report (3 parts)
• Explain safety coaching
• Explain how to communicate with management and get corrective action implemented