This workshop is free for public sector people. Please use your work email address to make it easy to recognise you!
A while ago I shared a post with a template showing how you can take a capability-based approach to picking technology by focusing on user needs (see link at the bottom of this description).
There has been a fair bit of interest in it since it was published, so I thought it might be useful to run a short online workshop running through how it works with a smallish group of people. As I have at this stage no real idea what I am doing, it will be free for public sector people.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
1. Understand the benefits of approaching technology decision making through capabilities
2. Understand the core ideas around user needs and how they should impact technology choices
3. Confidently run your own workshops following the process in your own work
4. Come up with loads of ways to improve the whole thing!
The running order is as follows (I'm guessing it will last 45 minutes although have allowed an hour just in case):
1. Quick intro to the session and what we will cover
2. Everyone says hi (and I’ll probably ask a silly question about your favourite something or other)
3. I’ll run through the idea behind the process and template and what it is meant to achieve
4. We will work through the example of the intranet as used in the blog post
5. We will then work through an example or two that people on the session suggest – hopefully real scenarios they are currently dealing with
Don't delay, book today!