Rebecca Courser will present a program on the “Social History of the Mink Hills,” based on her years of research. The Mink Hills encompass over 15,000 acres in Warner, within its boundaries were ten distinct and independent school districts, thirteen burial grounds, and several small mills. Hardscrabble farms dotted the countryside. Originally growing enough food to subsist farmers later sold or traded their surplus to merchants in Bradford, Warner, and Henniker. In 1849, Warner had 4,879 sheep and a population of only 2,038 hardy citizens. The introduction of the railroad in that same year would greatly expand the markets for all matter of farm and home production. In 1858, the Minks contained 140 farms and by 1892 fifty of those farms had been absorbed into surrounding farms or reverted to timber lots. The downward trend would continue over the following decades. Where did everyone go and why?