Purpose: This workshop provides high school students, parents and adults returning to school
with the detailed information they need to apply for student financial aid. Participants will learn about the financial aid process, discovering when and how to apply for state and federal funds. Options for filling the gap if traditional financial aid does not meet their need will be discussed; and common application mistakes, financial aid blunders and other information will be covered.
Audience: High school and adult students and parents
● Choosing the college that best fits the individual student
● Researching federal and state financial aid programs
● Breaking down a school’s cost of attendance
● Understanding the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
● Learning the formula that determines financial need
● Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) form; creating an FSA ID.
● Reviewing financing options