The Carnegie Foundation’s Elective Classification for Community Engagement application provides institutions with an opportunity for self-assessment; an accountability measure for mission and commitment to public purpose; and the legitimacy of processes, institutional alignment, community partnerships, and outcomes.
This workshop, co-hosted by the California Community Colleges’ Success Network, is designed to assist community college campuses that are preparing to apply for the Community Engagement classification.
The session will include:
- An orientation to both the classification and reclassification frameworks
- An overview of the 2024 application process
- An explanation of additions and changes to the documentation framework
- A review of the documentation framework and complete application
- A discussion of strategies that have been effective for successful applications to demystify the application process
In-Person Option: This event will be held at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California and can also be attended in person. Local attendees may continue the conversation by participating in an optional third hour that immediately follows the hybrid portion of the event. Please contact email@example.com for information to register for in-person attendance.