San Mateo County Community Forums on Experiences with Racial Inequities - (Thursday, November 19th, 6 pm - 8 pm)
The Board of Supervisors adopted a resolution condemning racism and injustice, declaring racism as a public health crisis and affirming commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusion. In order to gain a better understanding, the district will convene a series of listening sessions within North San Mateo County, where a diverse group of constituents can convene to engage in meaningful dialogue where personal stories and perspectives can be shared in order to gain a deeper understanding of the complex issues related to racial equity. In particular, the dialogue forums will be facilitated in order to solicit personal stories and lived experiences from participants that connect racial inequities to other critical complex topics such as housing, immigration, education, community/law relations, and employment.
- To convene community members to gather input and recommend meaningful policy changes
- To share personal stories and perspectives in order to gain understanding and cultivate community trust
- To deepen our understanding of the complex issues related to racial equity
- Thursday, November 19th, 6 pm - 8 pm
- Saturday, December 12th, 10 am - 12 pm
- Wednesday, January 27th, 6 pm - 8 pm
*Translation services will be provided, please indicate in the comments below for any specific services.