**Please note you must be present for the entire session to receive credit. Please input your club number and member ID to ensure credit. Both may be found in your profile at https://www.toastmasters.org/**
The Vice President of Public Relations (VPPR) role offers members an opportunity to use their creativity and social media skills to promote their club. The interactive training session is designed to share tips, tools and ideas on how to be an effective VPPR. Bring your ideas and successful promotional campaigns!
- Protect the Toastmasters brand.
- Develop a public relations plan and publicity calendar.
- Set goals: Review and evaluate your club's previous PR efforts, current objectives and tactics to reach goals.
- Indicate the vehicles and tools you will use to attract and connect with fellow members (internal audience) and news media (external audience), including club news releases, websites and social networking sites.
- Communicate Toastmasters’ key messages when writing news releases and while speaking to members, potential members and journalists.
- Be Persistent. Working with the news media takes patience and time.
- Collaborate with your club leaders to discuss your PR plan, activities and initiatives.
- Monitor status toward your goals and report progress.
Attend this workshop to learn how to fulfill your role effectively.