When: Tuesday 14th December, 09:30 am - 12:30 am
Chair: Sarah Blackford
On Tuesday, 14th of December, the HMGU Career Center invites you to the Successful Interview Technique by Sarah Blackford.
This workshop will teach you successful interview technique and other forms of professional self-presentation need to be mastered in order to create a positive impression to potential employers, both in person and on-line.
The workshop will include confidential practice interview exercises, with the opportunity to give and receive feedback so that participants will feel more confident to present themselves in person and on-line.
In this workshop you will:
• understand the interview process and how to create a positive impression;
• have considered the types of interview and how to consider and answer the questions in an effective manner;
• feel more confident about communicating their skills and strengths in an interview;
• have had the opportunity to practice some interview techniques;
• have formulated a personal action plan to follow up after the workshop.
Participation requires a pre-course task that will be sent to you one week prior to the workshop.
Come join us for this workshop and learn how to present yourself at your best during job interviews!
About the trainer:
Sarah Blackford is a qualified higher education careers adviser, MBTI practitioner and an honorary teaching fellow with a background in scientific research and publishing. Sarah specializes in providing career development education to PhD students and postdoctoral researchers, and has been delivering career workshops and one-to-one coaching for over 20 years.
Please note: The workshop is limited to a maximum of 20 participants and registration is on a "first come, first serve" basis.