A series of seven online conversations about the work of pioneering Italian artist Marisa Merz (1926-2019). Please join us on Wednesdays between 12:00pm – 1:00pm from September 9 – October 21 for the following conversations:
• September 9: “Time, Process and Life in the Work of Marisa Merz” with Connie Butler (Chief Curator at the Hammer Museum, Los Angeles).
• September 16: “Marisa Merz: sculptural and film experiments in the kitchen, 1967-1968” with Lara Conte (Associate Professor, Università di Roma Tre, Rome).
• September 23: “Marisa Merz: Actions, Interactions, and Performative Sculpture” with Teresa Kittler (Lecturer, University of York, York).
• September 30: “Marisa Merz as an Anti-Penelope” with Luigia Lonardelli (Curator, MAXXI, Rome).
• October 7: “Drawing Intimacy: Marisa Merz’s works on paper in the 1970s” with Francesco Guzzetti (Independent Scholar, Italy).
• October 14: “Lead and Aluminum in Marisa Merz’s Art. Layers of Meaning” with Silvia Bottinelli (Senior Lecturer, School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University, Boston) and Sharon Hecker (Independent Scholar and Curator, Milan).
• October 21: Panel Discussion with all speakers, moderated by program organizers Amanda Sroka (Assistant Curator, Contemporary Art) and Dr. Lara Demori (Marcello Rumma Fellow in Contemporary Italian Art, Contemporary Art).