The Suicide Awareness presentation on behalf of SWL Suicide Prevention Project lasts 30 minutes.
The purpose of this presentation is to bridge the gap between a lack of awareness about suicide, and a full or half day training on the topic.
It is aimed at local organisations working with at-risk populations such as unemployed, middle aged men, LGBTQ groups, domestic violence, debt management, alcohol & drug abuse etc, as well as anyone else who may benefit.
We are trying to reach as many people as possible so everyone is welcome.
This presentation is designed to:
• Raise awareness of increasing suicide rates in the UK;
• Identify who is most at risk;
• Understand the signs & symptoms of someone who may feel suicidal;
• Understand how we can help;
• Know where to signpost these people to for professional services.
• And provide access to further training on suicide prevention.
SWL Suicide Prevention Project