Date: Friday, June 22
Time: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
California is leading the nation on bold legislation to ensure women’s equality. The Stronger CA 2018 Legislative Agenda will help end workplace sexual harassment, close the gender wage gap, increase access to affordable childcare, & end deep childhood poverty.
Join us on June 22 for a 2018 Stronger CA legislative update & learn how you can support the nation’s most progressive package of bills to advance women’s equality & economic security. Spend your lunch with some of CA’s leading policy advocates. You’ll hear from Stronger California advocates and community members who are leading the charge on laws to improve the economic security of women and families throughout the state.
Building upon three years of wins, our 2018 legislative agenda is the boldest-ever Stronger CA campaign, and includes bills that:
- Significantly strengthen protections against sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination in the workplace;
- Respond to rollbacks by the Trump Administration on equal pay;
- Ensure CA has the strongest lactation accommodations requirements in the country;
- Ensure increased access to affordable childcare;
- Enforce the Domestic Worker Bill of Rights; and
- Aim to end deep childhood poverty (for families living below 50% of the Federal Poverty Level, which deeply harms children’s capacity to learn, develop, and thrive).
You will learn more about our 2018 legislative priorities and how you can support this ambitious package of bills to ensure California continues leading the way for the rest of the nation to advance equality & economic security for women & their families.
Stronger CA Advocates Network Roundtable Members:
o Jessica Bartholow, Western Center on Law & Poverty
o Jenna Gerry, Legal Aid at Work
o Jennifer Greppi, Parent Voices
o Jessica Stender, Equal Rights Advocates
o Mariko Yoshihara, CA Employment Lawyers Association
o Kim Alvarenga, Domestic Workers Coalition