ZOOM MARKETPLACE AND DEVELOPERS TERMS OF SERVICE
The Zoom Marketplace and Developers Term of Service ("Terms of Service") govern your access to and use of the Zoom Developers and Marketplace sites ("Sites") and submission of your applications, integrations and bots ("Apps") for listing at the Zoom Marketplace ("Marketplace") and the online Services (as defined below) provided at the Sites. By accessing and using the Sites and Services, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service with Zoom Video Communications, Inc. ("Zoom"). If you are accepting the Terms of Service on behalf of an entity, you represent that you have the authority to do so (either you or the entity, "You").
1. Zoom for Developers
The Zoom for Developers Site available at https://developer.zoom.us is a site developed by Zoom to provide Zoom cross platform SDKs, sample applications, APIs, guides and other Zoom developer resources ("Services").You can use Services to do a number of things, such as: develop integrations to connect other tools to or build packaged solutions for Zoom, create chatbots, manage Zoom services programmatically, embed Zoom in your desktop, web or mobile application, and more. You can submit your Apps in the Site for Zoom’s review and brief testing for compatibility with Zoom, and if approved by Zoom, listing at the Zoom Marketplace.
2. Zoom Marketplace
- Your use of the Zoom SDKs, APIs and other materials available at https://zoom.us shall be subject to the License agreement located at https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/blob/master/LICENSE.md (“Zoom SDK License”)
- Zoom APIs and associated documentation ("Zoom APIs") are available at https://developer.zoom.us. Zoom grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use Zoom APIs to develop your Apps, subject to the Zoom SDK License.
- By submitting your Apps to Zoom Marketplace Site, You grant Zoom a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable license to: (a) review and test your Apps, (b) list and make your Apps available at the Marketplace Site, (c) remove your Apps from the Marketplace Site as specified in these Terms of Services, and (d) use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and domain names posted with your Apps at the Marketplace Site ("Your Names") while your App is listed at the Marketplace Site.
“Data” means any data and content uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by users via the Services, including messages, files, profile information, text, documents, audio and video files, still images and anything else entered or uploaded into the Services by a user of the Services. “Your Data” means any Data You, anyone acting on your behalf, or any user of your App posts to a Site or transmits to or through Zoom in connection with use of the Services. Zoom will use Your Data solely in connection with maintaining the Sites, providing the Services, and compiling usage statistics from the Marketplace Site about your App in accordance with these Terms of Service and as otherwise specified in the Zoom Online Privacy Statement located at http://www.zoom.us/privacy. You hereby consent to such use.
Zoom owns all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights in and to Site and Services, any Data owned by or licensed to Zoom ("Zoom Data") except for Your Data and Data of other users of the Site and Services ("Others' Data"). As between us, You warrant and represent that you have the necessary rights and licenses to, or You own all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights in and to your Apps, Your Names and Your Data.
Zoom and Zoom Marketplace logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Zoom and/or its affiliates. All third party trademarks and logos referenced are property of their respective owners. The appearance of third party trademarks on the Site does not constitute an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by Zoom or its affiliates.
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Feedback") to Zoom, You acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Zoom is under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; (c) Zoom shall be entitled to use or disclose such Feedback for any purpose, in any way, in any media, worldwide; (d) Zoom may already be developing a solution or solution component related to the Feedback; (e) your Feedback becomes the property of Zoom without any obligation to You; and (f) You are not entitled to any compensation for such Feedback.
8. Your Obligations
- You may not use the Site or the Services to advertise, promote, endorse or market, directly or indirectly, any products, services, offerings, solutions or other technologies that, in Zoom’s sole discretion, compete with the products, services, offerings, solutions or technologies of Zoom.
- You will not sell, resell, distribute, rent or lease the Services, include the Services in an outsourced or service bureau offering, or otherwise commercialize the Services.
- You may not use any Zoom Data or Others' Data from Site or Services in any advertisements or for purposes of targeting advertisements.
- You may not use contact information of other users of the Site and Services to contact such users outside of Site or Services without their consent.
- You represent and warrant that You own or have the necessary rights and licenses to your Apps, Your Names and Your Content to be used by Zoom as provided under these Terms of Service.
- You are 13 years or older.
- Your use of the Site and Services and your App comply with all applicable laws and will not violate any applicable law or regulation, of any country in which your App is made available, or rights of any third party, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that Zoom does not certify, warrant or support your App and You represent and warrant that You will not make any statements to the contrary that imply an endorsement, certification, warranty or support of your App by Zoom or your affiliation or partnership with Zoom.
- If any portion of the Site or Services requires You to register, You will provide true and accurate information in your user profile.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site and Services.
9. Zoom’s Rights
- Zoom may modify or terminate the Services or stop maintaining the Sites at any time and without notice.
- Zoom may immediately suspend or terminate your access to the Sites and remove your Apps from the Marketplace Site if You violate or otherwise fail to comply with these Terms of Service or for the reasons specified in Section 2 of these Terms of Service.
- Zoom may amend the Terms of Service from time to time. If You do not agree with such changes, You should discontinue using the Site and Services and remove all your Apps from the Marketplace Site. Your continued use of the Site and the Services and listing of your Apps on the Marketplace Site will mean that You agree to such changes to the Terms of Service.
- Zoom is not responsible for anything submitted by You or other users to the Site or for modifying or removing Your Data or Others' Data from the Site. Zoom is not responsible for your conduct or the conduct of any other user of the Site and Services.
Zoom’s Developer evangelist team is available to help You with Developer Services. There are two ways to get support. If your question is private or You have sensitive logs to share, email via firstname.lastname@example.org may be the best option. Otherwise, Zoom has an open community forum in our developer site and other community members ready to help You out.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
ZOOM PROVIDES THE SITE AND SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INTERFERENCE, AND ACCURACY, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY ZOOM. ZOOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE SUITABLE FOR YOUR USE, AND NO SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVE FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Zoom, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, action or demand (including reasonable attorneys' fees) any third party may have arising out of or related to: your use of the Site or Services, your breach of these Terms of Service, your App and Your Data.
13. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ZOOM BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFIT DAMAGES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF ZOOM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ZOOM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE(S) WHATSOEVER
AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS (USD $1,000.00). THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS CUMULATIVE AND NOT PER INCIDENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Term and Termination
The Terms of Service start on the date You begin using the Site and Services and end when your use of the Site and Services are discontinued and your Apps are removed from the Marketplace Site. All sections of the Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, warranty disclaimers, indemnification and limitations of liability.
These Terms of Service and any other Zoom terms referenced herein state the complete agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of these Terms of Service and supersede any past or contemporaneous statements, contracts, agreements or understandings between the parties and may be modified only as provided in Section 9.3 or by a written amendment signed by authorized representatives of both parties. These Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of laws provisions. If any provision of this License is judged illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed and the rest of these Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect. No failure by Zoom to enforce any of its rights related to the Site or Services or to a breach of these Terms of Service in a particular situation will act as a waiver of such rights.