Zoom exposes REST interfaces which allows the developers and solution providers to manage meetings, users, recordings, settings and get usage reports. These API's will be useful when you as a solution provider, build your own web portal to front end Zoom services and present as a login point to your end users.
These management API's are auto-enabled if you have a paid Zoom account. If you are a free basic user, we welcome you to subscribe for our 60 days free trial.
- IM Groups
- Cloud Recordings (Business and Education)
- Sign up for a 60 days free trial, Pro, Business or API Partner subscription
- Login to your account, then select "Credential tab" and generate a pair of API key and secret. You can re-generate a new API secret at any time.
- Using REST API to create a user if your account has the privilege to provisioning user.
- Using REST API to create a meeting for that user. If success, you will get a start meeting URL like https://zoom.us/s/123456789?zpk=xxxxx and a join meeting URL without token, like https://zoom.us/j/123456789
- Now you can open a new browser window to launch https://zoom.us/s/123456789?zpk=xxxx to start meeting. Zoom will handle the client download, installation and launching.
- Anybody who gets the join meeting URL can open it in a browser and join the meeting.
An enterprise customer who has an approved managed domain can create users without email verification. All new user email addresses must satisfy "managed domain" criteria.
An API partner can create a user type with no password authentication with Zoom. This user type will login to the partner site only and will not have access to Zoom's site.
API partner can also call the report API to get the meeting reports.
3. To become an API partner, please sign up via http://zoom.us/plan/api